Man Without Qualities


Monday, September 29, 2003


Valerie Plame Wilson - Maguire's On the Case

The media and government are just beginning to catch up with Tom Maguire on understanding the whole Valerie Plame Wilson mess. Check the links and earlier posts, too.

UPDATE: Now DRUDGE quotes Novak as saying there was no "culprit:"

'Nobody in the Bush administration called me to leak this. In July I was interviewing a senior administration official on Ambassador Wilson's report when he told me the trip was inspired by his wife, a CIA employee working on weapons of mass destruction. Another senior official told me the same thing. As a professional journalist with 46 years experience in Washington I do not reveal confidential sources. When I called the CIA in July to confirm Mrs. Wilson's involvement in the mission for her husband -- he is a former Clinton administration official -- they asked me not to use her name, but never indicated it would endanger her or anybody else. According to a confidential source at the CIA, Mrs. Wilson was an analyst, not a spy, not a covert operator, and not in charge of undercover operatives'...

Actually, the whole current dust-up (especially the new CIA/JD activities) has something of the feeling of an issue that the White House may be trying to ventilate now, to get it out of the way well before the election.

Comments: Post a Comment

Home