|Man Without Qualities|
Monday, October 17, 2005
Remember Herr Doktorprofessor Paul Von Krugman? He's been laid so long in his TimesSelect tomb that some of the very young are said to confuse Herr Doktorprofessor with Professor Poopypants. Alarming. Merger of the memory of the real Vlad the Impaler with long existing middle European vampire folk legends eventually created Dracula. Could such a future lie in store for Herr Doktorprofessor's memory? Que sera, sera! But whatever his future may be, his present seems a definite gloaming, as the most recent list of "most e-mailed" from the Times indicates, a list he once strode as a colossus - as an emperor:
1. As Young Adults Drink to Win, Marketers Join In.
2. Meet the Life Hackers.
3. Item: Sisters Think Parents Did O.K.
4. At Public Universities, Warnings of Privatization
5. Chasing Ground
6. Op-Ed Columnist: It's Bush-Cheney, Not Rove-Libby
7. The Miller Case: A Notebook, a Cause, a Jail Cell and a Deal
8. Op-Ed Contributor: God Is in the Rules
9. Stem Cell Test Tried on Mice Saves Embryo
10. Classes in Chinese Grow as the Language Rides a Wave of Popularity
11. Power Companies Enter the High-Speed Internet Market
12. The Coroner: For Trumpet-Playing Coroner, Hurricane Provides Swan Song
13. Op-Ed Contributors: Recipe for Destruction
14. Op-Ed Contributor: Beethoven's Paper Trail
15. News Analysis: Administration's Tone Signals a Longer, Broader Iraq Conflict
16. Long Island Journal: Confronting Bullies Who Wound With Words
17. Poet, 79, Wins Prize and New Audience
18. The Short of It
19. Op-Ed Columnist: Mind Over Muscle
20. The Hidden Cost of Documentaries
21. Belgrade Rocks
22. Program Disorder: At Clinic, Hurdles to Clear Before Medicaid Care
23. A Personal Account: My Four Hours Testifying in the Federal Grand Jury Room
24. Restoring Slumberland
25. Op-Ed Columnist: The Big Squeeze By PAUL KRUGMAN If large corporations continue to cut wages, America's already-eroding working middle class may wash away completely. Something must be done.
Little, gentle, wandering soul,
My body's guest and friend,
To what far places are you borne?
Naked, cold and pale.
As the warmth and joy of life
You loved so slips away.
Do not bounce and purchase an invaluable watches replica . allow it to be considered a gratifying experience. choose intelligently and include it for the loved kinds heir looms. Clinton has donated one of his earlier Ironmans, with one another with Hillary's inaugural ball gown and Chelsea's ballet slippers, in the direction of Smithsonian Institute.Post a Comment